MITAGS-PMI is a non-profit vocational training center for individuals seeking to enter the maritime profession and for professional mariners seeking to advance their careers. We focus on providing the highest quality training using effective technologies and teaching techniques so that our students have the knowledge and skills to succeed in today's merchant marine.
The Maritime Institute of Technology and Graduate Studies (MITAGS) and the Pacific Maritime Institute (PMI) exist:
- To enhance the professionalism of mariners through the development of quality maritime leadership, training, education, and safety programs.
The Maritime Conference Center at BWI (MCCBWI) exists:
- To provide the most productive and efficient adult education and meeting environment in the greater Baltimore-Washington area.
Combine the strengths of the academic and conference operations to provide exemplary service to our students, stakeholders, and the maritime industry. Offer our expertise to assist clients in meeting the challenges of the ever-changing business environment. Foster a “can do” organizational culture that is based on merit, positive employee/management relationships, and diversity.
Core Employee Compentencies and Values:
- Customer Focus – Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of stakeholders. Acts with the customer in mind to establish/maintain an effective relationship and trust.
- Integrity and Trust – Recognized as an individual who can provide the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of performance.
- Self Development – Adapts to change and is personally committed to personal growth. Understands that different situations may call for different skills and approaches. Deploys strengths and works to compensate for weaknesses and limits.
- Action Oriented – Strong work ethic, willing to seize opportunities and act to add value to the organization.