Course DescriptionZ-Drive/ASD Tug Training (Z Drive/TTT)
To view our comprehensive flyer for this course, click here.
This course is primarily for experienced workboat officers that have little or no experience with ASD Z-Drives. This course combines lecture, simulation, and a comprehensive Z-Drive Workbook over a three-day period.
- Principles of Z-Drive Tug Design
- Z-Drive Mechanical Systems
- Principles of Z-Drive Tug Maneuvering
- Fundamentals of Light Tug Handling
- Fundamental Barge Maneuvers
- Light tugs Maneuvers - with or without current
- Z-Drive Competency Evaluation
This course may be customized to incorporate company policies and procedures and / or combined with other training. It may also be taught offsite. For more information on how MITAGS-PMI can develop a “turn-key” training solutions for your organization, please call 1-866-656-5569 or e-mail Admissions@mitags.org.
Prerequisites- Mate or Master of Towing Vessels.
Suggested Courses/Skills- None.
- Theory and use of tractor tugs in the escort mode
- Theory, use, and operation of Kamewa joystick steering