Course DescriptionRadar Observer Recertification - Night Course (ROR-1N)
The Radar Observer Recertification Night course (MITPMI-402) at MITAGS is designed to provide mariners with refresher training in radar plotting, navigation, and collision avoidance, and document the student’s demonstration of the knowledge, skills, and abilities regarding the operation of commercial marine radar in accordance with the training objectives. Licensing of Maritime Personnel. This course is designed for mariners desiring to renew their radar observer endorsement. It meets the requirements of 46 CFR 11.480(d) for renewal of a radar observer endorsement.
Prerequisites- Radar Observer Unlimited.
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 0214.
- Proper interpretation and analysis of radar information
- Accurate plotting by graphical means, of required target information provided from the ship's radar
- Application of applicable COLREGS
- 46 CFR 11.480 (D) for renewal of any radar observer endorement Formerly 46 10.840
- 46 CFR Part 11.305, Licensing of Maritime Personnel.Formerly 46 10.305
The course is taught in the evening and includes dinner. Class starts at 1600 and generally finishes by 2130. Class size is limited to ensure students have enough time to successfully complete the renewal process
This course satisfies the following STCW95 and CFR training requirements: